Trash for Cash
Trash for Cash is not an official PTA sponsored fundraiser. It’s run by Glenmoor Student Council. However, we feel it’s an important event to mention as it involves recycling and making money for the Uncle Milty Foundation (Glenmoor University afterschool program)!
Make this a family event! Have your kids collect and sort any plastic bottles marked CA CRV and aluminum cans you use at home. Once a month, a flyer will come home in the Wildcat folder letting you know which day to bring the items to school. The Glenmoor Student Council will bring them to a recycling station and collect the money to be spent on supplies for our free afterschool enrichment classes, Glenmoor University.
- Typically the last Friday of the month while school is in session.
- Create monthly flyer; copy and place in teacher’s boxes for distribution in Wildcat folders.
- Manage students running the program
- Help sort bottles and cans
- Drive to recycling station and collect cash
- Turn in cash to office to be deposited into the Uncle Milty Foundation for afterschool programs.
- Keep track of running total and announce total collected at end of school year.
Commitment: 2-4 hours per month
Once per month, typically the last Friday of the month, we need a few parent volunteers to:
- assist with organizing the bags by grade level;
- help sort cans and bottles;
- and drive to the recycling station.
Commitment: 2 hours per month