Did you know there are many benefits of volunteering?
- Volunteering provides mental and physical rewards. It makes you healthier: Moods and emotions, like optimism and joy strengthen the immune system.
- It saves resources. Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent where it counts! According to Independent Sector, the value of a volunteer hour in California is $27.59 (2015 data).
- Volunteers are able to explore new areas of interest and develop skills while learning from others. Benjamin Franklin once said, “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
- It brings people together and strengthens the community. Volunteers assist in uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal.
- You get a chance to give back! People like to support community resources that benefit people they care about.
- You make a difference. Every person counts!
We appreciate YOU and all you do for the students and teachers at Glenmoor Elementary!