Start your evening at 7:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room with an information faire that includes PTA, Boosterthon, Tri-City Health, and School Programs. Then, you’ll make your way to your child’s classroom where you’ll receive an overview of your child’s school day, goals for the class and for your child, knowledge of what the classroom looks like, what it’s like to sit in your child’s seat, the homework and discipline policies, possible field trips, and how to contact the teacher.
Denis Cruz, a California Teacher of the Year, suggests asking these questions at Back-to-School Night:
- What is the policy on late work and make-up work?14
- How does it affect the student’s grade?
- How do absences affect the grade?
- How do I teach my son or daughter to gain independence?
- How can I check on my son’s or daughter’s progress in school? Do you give progress reports?
- How do I know what the homework is? Is there an online homework calendar?
- Should I call or email the teacher?
- Are there field trips?
- How can I check on detentions or behavior issues?
- Is there anything you’d like me to do?
- May I volunteer in the classroom?
Don’t worry… if you have more than one child at Glenmoor, there are two sessions – Session 1 is from 7:15pm to 7:45 pm. Session 2 is from 7:50pm to 8:20pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
Don’t forget to stop by the PTA booth at the Information Faire.